The Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies encourages researchers to periodically review relevant policies and procedures.
Some of the compliance policies and procedures to be aware of include the following:
- Application Process:
- Funding Designation:
- Determine how UT will categorize this potential funding. Would the funding be a gift, sponsored research project or something in between? (This distinction will determine certain UT requirements).
- Research – Special Cases: Does your proposed research involve one or more of the items listed below? If so, an application must be reviewed and approved by UT’s Office of Research Support (ORS) to ensure compliance with rules and regulations:
- Animal Subject Research
- Human Subject Research
- Recombinant DNA, Human or non human primate tissue, blood or body fluids
- Select Agents or Bio toxins
- Infectious Agents
- Sponsor Disclosure:
Other relevant safety and compliance links include:
- An overview of research-related policies, codes and regulations (UT, State and Federal)
- UT’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- UT’s Animal Resources Center
- UT’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- UT’s Institutional Biosafety Committee
- UT’s Office of Technology Commercialization – For projects that include inventions of technology, this office will assist with activities such as patents and commercialization.