Liberal Arts Career Services – helping liberal arts students go “Beyond the Tower!”
To apply for these opportunities or learn more about these events, check out your BTT Gateway account .
Don’t have an account? Register with LACS to access opportunities and to learn about our events, services and resources.
LAST WEEKLY UPDATE FOR SPRING 2015
This is the last LACS weekly announcement for the spring semester. Our weekly email updates will start again in late August for the fall semester. During the summer you can explore our application deadlines, events and other career-related information on our webpage and in your BTT Gateway Account. Have a great summer!
Job Search Boot Camp – If you just graduated or are graduating soon, sign up for our job search crash course: Job Search Boot Camp. Our boot camp offers a quick and easy way to get all the information you need in one afternoon. Arrive with a pen and paper, leave with a career plan. Click here to explore event information. Job Search Boot Camp | 5/12 | 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm | CLA 1.320E | RSVP and for more information
INDEED.COM JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
You currently have access to 20,800+ job and internship postings in the Indeed.com system. To access the system, login to your BTT Gateway account > under the job and internship search you will see results in two tabs: one for BTT opportunities and one for Indeed.com opportunities, click on the Indeed tab to expand your search.
BTTG APPLICATION DEADLINES for the week of May 7:
Explore BTT Gateway for details and to apply. If in the list below you see a JOB ID, search the BTT Gateway [Jobs/Internships] tab; if you see a SCHEDULE ID, search the [Interview Schedules/Qualified Schedules] tab. The following are just a sample of the many jobs and internships you will find in BTT Gateway.
- 5/7 – Trinity Industries, Inc., Public Affairs Intern, BTT Gateway Job ID 10255
- 5/7- Castleton Commodities International, Product Control Analyst, BTT Gateway Job ID 10254
- 5/8 – College Forward, AmeriCorps College Access Coach, BTT Gateway Job ID 10266
- 5/8 – PERI Software Solutions, Programmer Analyst, BTT Gateway Job ID 10257
- 5/8 – City of Houston, Summer Intern, BTT Gateway Job ID 10370
- 5/10 – Neo Education Ltd., English (ESL) Teacher, BTT Gateway Job ID 9838
- 5/10 – Refugee Services of Texas, Nonprofit Management Admin Internship (Dallas), BTT Gateway Job ID 7058
- 5/11 – Varsity International, Sales and Management – Summer Opportunity, BTT Gateway Job ID 9842
- 5/11 – Social Security Administration, Contact Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 10358
- 5/11 – Project Vote Smart, Summer 2015 Legislative Research Internship, BTT Gateway Job ID 10150
EVENTS for the week of May 7:
- 5/12 – Job Search Boot Camp, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm, CLA 1.302E
HIREUTEXAS JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
HireUTexas, UT’s job board, currently has 182 jobs and internships posted since April 30. Access HireUTexas here to explore these opportunities and for job descriptions and application details. Attached is an overview of the most recently posted jobs and internships.
LACS RESUME POLICY
The first resume you upload to BTT Gateway will be reviewed by a member of LACS for grammar, format, marketing and relevance to help you highlight your experience in a professional format. Please allow up to two business days for the review process, during which you will not be able to submit the resume for jobs or internships in BTT Gateway. If your resume is not approved, we will provide feedback to help you craft a stronger resume. Once your first resume is approved, all subsequent resume uploads will be automatically approved and you will have immediate access to the resume for BTT Gateway applications. Due to the review process, we recommend you upload your resume well in advance of any upcoming deadlines.
Review the LACS Resume Guidelines to learn the criteria for resume approval.