Good morning students.
I have been approached by students in need of a tutor for the various language courses that we teach in our department.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the language and level that you would be interetsed in tutoring. I will start a list and reach out to you as students contact me.
Students seeking help will be told that they will be charged $25/hr for your services.
I’m writing to inform you of the following events and info sessions regarding Asia study abroad programs that have been scheduled for the Fall 2017 term.
1. The annual Fall Study Abroad Fair will be on Tuesday, September 12 from 10:00 – 3:00 PM in Gregory Plaza. (We typically have the Fair on a Wednesday but, due to scheduling conflicts, it will be on Tuesday this year.)
2. A specialized info session for all students interested in studying abroad at Kyoto University for Spring 2018 will be on Thursday, September 7 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM in CLA 0.120. Due to Kyoto University’s internal deadlines, the UT application for this school is due September 12. Only students who have completed two semesters of college-level Japanese or are in their second semester are eligible. We have many spots for this program this year!
3. Explore Study Abroad: South & Southeast Asia (covering India, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) will be on Wednesday, September 13 from 5:00 – 6:00 in CLA 1.102.
4. Explore Study Abroad: South Korea will be on Monday, September 18 from 4:00 – 5:00 in PAR 301.
5. Explore Study Abroad: Japan will be on Monday, September 18 from 5:00 – 6:00 in PAR 301.
6. Explore Study Abroad: China will be on Monday, September 25 from 5:00 – 6:00 in CLA 1.104.
This year, the info sessions will be separated into various regions in order to present more targeted information.
Good afternoon students.
My name is Jeffery Willett and I am the new Senior Academic Advisor for the Asian Studies Department.
As a brief BIO, I’m from the University of Colorado Boulder Leeds School of Business where I was an Academic Advisor for undergraduate students and Assistant Director for MBA (Graduate) students.
While I have met many of you already, I look forward to meeting you all and working with you towards your academic/professional goals and ultimate graduation!
Additionally, if you would like to set up an advising appointment you are welcome to email me directly to set up a day/time. I will be available the rest of the summer excluding August 21st – 25th 2017 returning August 28th 2017.
Jeffery Willett | Senior Academic Advisor
The University of Texas at Austin | Department of Asian Studies
120 Inner Campus Drive, Austin, TX 78712 | WCH 4.116 | 512-475-6027