UTransition, an organization that assists transfer students in their transition to The University of Texas at Austin, is having an informational session for transfer students TODAY, Wednesday, April 10th at 6 p.m. in the Liberal Arts Building (CLA) 0.106. They will discuss leadership opportunities, provide resources, and have an interactive discussion. Their goal is to provide a voice and face to transfer students at the University to ensure that their academic and social needs are met.
Join them for their first UTransition Welcoming Meeting!
- Learn about the program, mission, and services they offer.
- Enjoy snacks and refreshments while meeting other transfer students and take part in an interactive discussion on transfer student issues with a guest speaker.
- Apply to be a member of the program and find out about leadership opportunities within our new Executive Board for the upcoming 2013-2014 year.
DATE: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Liberal Arts Building (CLA) 0.106 (Behind the SAC)
For more information: email UTransitionLCAE@gmail.com or phone (512) 471-1205
OR check out their website: ddce.utexas.edu/academiccenter/utransition
Each year, language schools around the globe hire American college students and graduates to teach English simply because they speak it. Wouldn’t it be great to really KNOW how to teach what you speak so well? Get ready!
UTeach-Liberal Arts and the International Office’s ESL Services have designed a unique six-hour course in June that includes learning to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) followed by, in July-August, a six-week Internship Abroad as a TESOL intern in China or Mexico.
ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED to 30 Participants: MEXICO (10) CHINA (20) Apply here!
Summer Session I – In Austin, June 6-29, 2013
- Principles of Teaching (3 hours daily)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (3 hours daily)
- Hands-On Internship in an Austin language school (2 hours daily)
Summer Session II – In China, Mexico, Austin, June 30*-August 9, 2013
- Internship, Registration by consent of Course Instructor.
The Child and Family Research Institute at the Center for Social Work Research is currently hiring undergraduate and graduate bilingual (Vietnamese) student research assistants. The position announcement is below.
The Child and Family Research Institute conducts research on the well-being of children, families, and child care in order to guide policy and practice in Texas. Annually, the CFRI is responsible for conducting the Child Market Rate Survey, a statewide survey used to obtain current information about child care rates in Texas. The survey is used by local workforce development boards to set child care subsidy rates. Research assistants are used to collect data for the Market Rate Survey and assist in data collection and analysis with other currently funded projects.
- Length of Appointment: June 1, 2013- August 31, 2013 with potential ongoing employment opportunities
- Position Type: 10 or 20 hour undergraduate and graduate student appointments available
- Conduct bilingual phone interviews with Texas child care providers
- Track study participants and incentives
- Assist team in reviewing and editing reports including the annual market rate survey report
- Document and update study procedures and instructional manuals
- Translate English surveys and study documents to Spanish & Vietnamese
- Enrolled as a student
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discretely
- Research background or familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods preferred
- Spanish or Vietnamese proficiency strongly preferred
Graduate Student Benefits (Per UT Policy) may include:
- Tuition assistance
- Medical benefits for 20 hour graduate student appointments
- Out of State Tuition Waivers
- Paid university holidays
Deadline: April 19, 2013
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Laura Marra at email@example.com