The university was recently awarded a Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF) program by the Mellon Foundation based on a proposal submitted by Professor Nicole Guidotte-Hernandez and Associate Dean Richard Flores.
We are very excited to have the opportunity to bring this prestigious program to our campus. The MMUF supports 10 undergraduates who wish to pursue a PhD in several Mellon-approved fields. The objective of the MMUF is to increase diversity on university and college campuses across the U.S.
- Sophomore standing (at least 30 credits)
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- Plan to pursue a doctoral degree in one of the Mellon-approved fields
- A completed application, including a statement of intent to pursue a doctoral degree, three strong letters of recommendation from faculty, transcripts, and resume.
Mellon-Approved fields of study include Area/Cultural/Ethnic/Gender Studies (that would include Asian Studies majors) and Foreign Languages and Literature (which would include Asian Cultures and Language majors)
Liberal Arts Career Services – helping liberal arts students go “Beyond the Tower!”
To apply for these opportunities or learn more about these events, check out your BTT Gateway account.
Don’t have an account? Register with LACS to access opportunities and to learn about our events, services and resources.
Making the Most of the McCombs Undergraduate Career Expo | 2/2/2015 | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | FAC 18 | RSVP here | For more information log into your BTT Gateway account. Search for this event under your “Career Events” tab and click “Register for Event.”
INDEED.COM JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
You currently have access to 22,000+ job and internship postings in the Indeed.com system. To access the system, login to your BTT Gateway account > under the job and internship search you will see results in two tabs: one for BTT opportunities and one for Indeed.com opportunities, click on the Indeed tab to expand your search.
BTTG APPLICATION DEADLINES for the week of January 29
Explore BTT Gateway for details and to apply. If in the list below you see a JOB ID, search the BTT Gateway [Jobs/Internships] tab; if you see a SCHEDULE ID, search the [Interview Schedules/Qualified Schedules] tab. The following are just a sample of the many jobs and internships you will find in BTT Gateway.
- 1/30 – Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Emergency Services Program Intern, BTT Gateway Job ID 7973
- 1/30 – Websense, Inside Sales, BTT Gateway Job ID 9706
- 1/30 – TEKsystems, Recruiter, BTT Gateway Job ID 9701
- 1/30 – Teach For America, Corps Member, BTT Gateway Job ID 8822
- 1/30 – Medix Staffing Solutions, Entry Level Recruiter, BTT Gateway Job ID 9750
- 1/30 – MuSigma, Junior Associate, BTT Gateway Job ID 9752
- 1/30 – Fahrenheit Marketing, Internship – Content Development, BTT Gateway Job ID 9849
- 1/31 – Signpost, Sales Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 9781
- 1/31 – Texas Public Policy Foundation, Publications Manager, BTT Gateway Job ID 9444
- 1/31 – Austin Film Festival, Marketing Director, BTT Gateway Job ID 9830
- 1/31 – Federal Reserve, Research Assistant, BTT Gateway Job 9908
- 1/31 – Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Research Assistant Program, BTT Gateway Job ID 7682
- 2/1 – YMCA of Austin, Community Outreach Program Director, BTT Gateway Job ID 9729
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Marketing/Communications, BTT Gateway Job ID 9765
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Sales Career (Houston/College Station), BTT Gateway Job ID 9766
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Customer and Product Career (Houston/College Station), BTT Gateway Job ID 9767
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Technical Career (Houston/College Station), BTT Gateway Job ID 9768
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Outside Sales Account Manager Trainee, BTT Gateway Job ID 9769
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Outside Sales Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 9770
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Summer Sales Internship, BTT Gateway Job ID 9771
- 2/1 – Reynolds and Reynolds Company, Bilingual Customer Service Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 9772
- 2/4 – Signpost, Account, Retention Manager, BTT Gateway Job ID 9714
- 2/4 – Farmers Insurance Group, Marketing & Sales, BTT Gateway Job ID 9775
- 2/4 – A + Federal Credit Union, Member Services Counselor (Banker), BTT Gateway Job ID 9776
- 2/4 – A + Federal Credit Union, Member Associate (Teller), BTT Gateway Job ID 9777
- 2/4 – A + Federal Credit Union, Contact Center Consultant, BTT Gateway Job ID 9778
- 2/4 – A + Federal Credit Union, Sr. Member Associate (Sr. Teller), BTT Gateway Job ID 9779
- 2/4 – Total Quality Logistics, Sales Representative, BTT Gateway Job ID 9780
- 2/4 – Signpost, Billing & Retention Specialist, BTT Gateway Job ID 9782
- 2/4 – Berkeley Research Group, Summer Associate Intern, BTT Gateway Job 9903
EVENTS for the week of January 29
- 1/29 – Microsoft Office in the Workplace: Professional Development Training, FAC 18, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- 2/2 – Making the Most of the McCombs Undergraduate Career Expo, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, FAC 18, RSVP for this event here
- 2/4 – MARSH Information Session, WAG 201, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, click here to explore event information
- 2/4 – McCombs Spring 2015 Undergraduate Career Expo, 3-5pm, UT RecSports Center, 2nd Floor
HIREUTEXAS JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
HireUTexas, UT’s job board, currently has 159 jobs and internships posted since January 22. Access HireUTexas here to explore these opportunities and for job descriptions and application details. Attached is an overview of the most recently posted jobs and internships.
LACS RESUME POLICY
The first resume you upload to BTT Gateway will be reviewed by a member of LACS for grammar, format, marketing and relevance to help you highlight your experience in a professional format. Please allow up to two business days for the review process, during which you will not be able to submit the resume for jobs or internships in BTT Gateway. If your resume is not approved, we will provide feedback to help you craft a stronger resume. Once your first resume is approved, all subsequent resume uploads will be automatically approved and you will have immediate access to the resume for BTT Gateway applications. Due to the review process, we recommend you upload your resume well in advance of any upcoming deadlines.
Review the LACS Resume Guidelines to learn the criteria for resume approval.
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are now being accepted for merit-based, research and study abroad scholarships for spring 2015!
See if you are eligible on the Liberal Arts scholarship website: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/student-affairs/Scholarships-and-Awards/
Deadlines for most scholarships are mid-February or early March.
Also see these special scholarships:
For Liberal Arts students from Shelby County, Texas or adjoining counties (Sabine, Panola, St. Augustine or Nacogdoches County): http://www.utexas.edu/cola/student-affairs/Programs/scholarships-hidden/Strong-Shelby-County-Scholarship.php
For Liberal Arts student from Franklin County, Texas or adjoining counties (Camp, Delta, Hopkins, Lamar, Red River, Titus, Upshur, or Wood County): http://www.utexas.edu/coHi la/student-affairs/Programs/scholarships-hidden/Styles-Franklin-County-Scholarship.php
Amelia Rey-Shannon | Scholarship Coordinator | College of Liberal Arts | The University of Texas at Austin | 512.475.7586 | GEB 3.208