Workday is among a new generation of cloud-based systems from which the University has chosen to serve its human resources, payroll, and financial needs. Workday will replace DEFINE, HRMS, and FRMS, among other systems, and is one of the more far-reaching upgrades coming out of the Administrative Systems Modernization Program (ASMP 2.0). There are many reasons we chose Workday, but here are the top 10 reasons why you should be excited about this new system:
- Modern User Interface (UI): Workday has a clean, modern user interface similar to many of the commercial applications widely in use today. The Workday UI utilizes common icons that help you easily navigate the system.
- Employee Self-Service: Workday consolidates the employee self-service experience, grouping many of your routine and required self-service tasks in one place. In Workday, you will be able to update your time, edit your personal information, and claim your W-2, just to name a few. For more on employee self-service, read “What Workday Means for You: 5 Things Everyone Needs to Know.”
- Mobile Enabled: Accessing your personal information, updating your time sheets, and performing important HR and financial actions using a mobile device of your choice will soon be a reality with Workday, and Workday is committed to expanding the mobile experience!
- Predictive Search: With Predictive Search, Workday is able to accurately guess what you are looking for based on just a few key letters. You don’t even have to type in whole words to quickly access what you are looking for in the system. Think Google for your day-to-day business!
- Org Charts: Now you will be able to view how the University is structured in one central location. Org Charts are automatically generated and updated in Workday and there’s also an easy print option!
- Reporting and Data Visualization: Workday provides robust reporting and data visualization far beyond our current capabilities. Reporting and data visualizations are embedded in the system and can be accessed in many ways. Greater visibility and transparency of data will lead to more effective decision-making across the University.
- HR and Financials in One System: With Workday, our HR, payroll, and financials will be consolidated into one system, making it easier than ever before to perform tasks or access information across functional areas.
- Constant State of Improvement: Workday is continually improving its product with major updates coming every six months. This means that we will always be on the most current version of the system. A major benefit!
- Collaboration: Workday’s updates are based on the collective needs of all of its clients. Clients contribute ideas and vote on upcoming updates to improve the system so the University will always have a say in the direction of the Workday product.
- Focus on Higher Ed: Workday is committed to growing its higher education client base and continues to adjust its product to meet the needs of complex higher education institutions.
For even more reasons to be excited about Workday, read our article “What Workday Means for You: 5 Things Everyone Should Know About Workday“.