Phase 1 of UTLearn, UT Austin’s first University-wide employee training management system, launches April 4, 2016 and will house multiple compliance training modules along with many other employee training courses. Below are highlights of key functionality that will benefit both you and your team.
- Searchable – All training within UTLearn is searchable. This allows you to find the training you need quickly from any page, without the exact name or course number. This represents a significant improvement from TXClass and the Compliance Training System (CTS).
- Improved Learner Experience – UTLearn provides one system to register for both Instructor Led Training (ILT) and Online Training. This eliminates the need to navigate numerous training systems, simplifying the process within one system.
- Manage Additional Employee Training – UTLearn provides the opportunity to track external training, such as attending a conference or attending third-party training, directly in your UTLearn transcript (training history). This allows you to share your achievements with management for greater professional recognition.
- Greater Communication with Learners – UTLearn can send email notifications with training deadlines, cancellations, and training assignments.
- Integration with Workday – Training completed in UTLearn will be visible in your Workday employee profile. Workday, the new cloud-based application UT Austin has chosen to replace our legacy financial and human resources systems, will be implemented in 2017. Having your completed training appear in your employee profile will allow greater ease in managing training for yourself and your team.
As one of the first new system launches coming from the Administrative Systems Modernization Program (ASMP 2.0), UTLearn is an example of how this modernization effort is working to bring greater efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence to the University.
Sign up for the UTLearn Updates list to receive information and updates about UTLearn.
For questions about UTLearn, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org