Hello Admin IT Newsletter subscribers! We hope you’ve been enjoying this month and the less-crowded summer campus. In this June 8th edition of the newsletter we have updates on new tools for university developers, Workday, and SailPoint Identity IQ.
In this issue:
- Updated Service Availability Dates
- Workday: System Scoping and Decommissioning
- SailPoint: Our New Identity Tool
Updated Service Availability Dates
- Development Operations
- Version Control – GitHub | Updated Availability Date: 08/03/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 07/20/2016
- Document Management
- Document Generation – HP Exstream | Updated Availability Date: On hold | Updated Alpha Program Date: On hold
- Electronic Content Management – Documentum | Updated Availability Date: 02/28/2017 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 01/30/2017
- Electronic Document Signature – DocuSign | Updated Availability Date: 09/30/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: In progress
- Image Capture (now includes Image Transformations & Image Capture Multi-Function Devices) – Kofax | Updated Availability Date: 12/01/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 10/27/2016
- Enterprise Monitoring & Metrics
- Cloud Application Performance Monitoring & On-Premise Application Performance Monitoring – Exoprise CloudReady & New Relic APM | Updated Availability Date: 04/17/2017 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 02/14/2017
- Data Analytics & Data Collection – Splunk Enterprise | Updated Availability Date: 07/18/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 06/01/2016
- Data Center Host Monitoring – Zenoss Service Dynamics | Updated Availability Date: 07/18/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 06/01/2016
- Load Balancing
- Load Balancing – TBD | Updated Availability Date: 11/11/2016 | Updated Alpha Program Date: 09/16/2016
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Portal – LookingGlass | Updated Availability Date: TBD | Updated Alpha Program Date: TBD
The complete list of services’ availability dates can be found on the Admin IT Wiki, as well as information about their technical features, Alpha Programs, and more. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Service Owners listed on the Admin IT Wiki, or email the Technical Architecture team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workday: System Scoping and Decommissioning
System scoping is a careful evaluation of an area’s systems to inventory the objects, integrations, and dependencies with other systems and data across campus. For example, scoping related to Workday readiness can reveal if software changes will be needed to maintain business continuity and to prevent errors at go-live.
Scoping is an important first step in planning for decommissioning applications, and can help determine dependencies for improved coordination with your users.
Developers have a number of tools available to help them scope their systems and determine not only the scale of their systems, but dependencies on other applications and data across campus. ASMP’s Application Modernization team is here to advise, assist, and help if your department wants to discuss scoping as part of preparing for Workday. For more information, including links to scoping tools, visit the Admin IT Wiki.
SailPoint: Our New Identity Tool
The Identity and Access Management Modernization Program (IAAMP, pronounced “eye-amp”) is a three-phase program whose goal is to modernize the University’s Identity and Access Management systems, business processes, data models, and technical architecture.
One of the key elements of IAAMP is the implementation of SailPoint IdentityIQ, a new tool that will provide group and role management capabilities, as well as eventually replace our legacy identity administration tool, TIM (uTexas Identity Manager).
Phase 1 of IAAMP is underway now, and is currently focused on implementing the SailPoint IdentityIQ technical environments and developing a strategy to keep IAM services running throughout the three phases of IAMMP and the concurrent deployment of other major campus systems like Workday. Phase 1 will also include the implementation of group and role management capabilities with formal use case development for role management starting this month. IAAMP will also coordinate the transition and/or retirement of other legacy tools such as Apollo, DPUSER, the OHS Contact System, and the SSN Reference Framework.
More information about upcoming changes and roadmaps for these tools will be coming later this summer. For more information about IAMMP, please visit our website.