- There is really no such thing as “off the record.”;
“No comment” is a guilty plea. Say, “I don’t know but I’ll find out for you.”
- Avoid jargon, acronyms, and unexplained scientific terms.
- Develop a core message that succinctly delivers the most important parts of your message.
- Think wisdom not cleverness.
- Simplify but don’t distort.
- Maintain your dignity.
- Don’t overgeneralize.
- Use everyday language and familiar examples.
- Respect the audience as uninformed but not stupid.
- Learn to be uncomplicated yet accurate.
Next Page: Authors and Copyright Information