Membership in the Black Faculty and Staff Association (BFSA) is open to all faculty members and staff employed at least 20 hours at The University of Texas at Austin, regardless of religion, age, race or color, martial status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Membership Dues & Scholarship
Dues for membership in BFSA are $20 per year, and members are encouraged to contribute at least an additional $10 to the Dr. James L. Hill Scholarship Fund.
We encourage direct gifts to the BFSA to support our programming and efforts to improve campus climate at UT. You can make a direct gift to BFSA online at http://bit.ly/bsfagift including the information below.
- Gift area: Division of Diversity and Community Engagement
- Sub group: Black Faculty Staff Association
The scholarship can be supported in three ways:
- Make check payable to Texas Exes and forward to BFSA treasurer
- Make a gift through the Texas Exes online giving page http://bit.ly/bfsascholarshipsupport following the information below
- “Give to Scholarships”
- Input donation amount
- Choose either “One-time” or “Monthly”
- Choose “Select Scholarship from List”
- Search scholarship by ” James Hill”
- Select ” James L Hill Endowed Challenge Grant Scholarship”
- Proceed to payment
- Use http://bit.ly/bsfagift and select “Texas Exes as the gift area and “James L. Hill Scholarship” as the sub area. Please forward a copy of your online gift donation receipt to the BFSA treasurer. What suggestions would you like BFSA to consider for the academic year (ideas, programs, professional development)?