Welcome to the webpage for the COE Graduate Student Council.
Please let us know if you have suggestions or requests for additional resources or opportunities. Be sure to also check out the webpages for the COE Office of Graduate Studies and the UT Graduate School.
About the Graduate Student Council
Who We Are
The COE Graduate Student Council (GSC) consists of at least two graduate students from each of the five departments in the College. We meet about monthly with the COE Associate Dean for Graduate Studies to work on initiatives and resources to support COE graduate students.
At least one member from the COE GSC is also a member of various sub-committees created to focus on specific graduate student needs and groups. The list of sub-committees can be found here.
The COE GSC also generates ideas for and arranges several professional development panel sessions each semester. In addition, the COE GSC hosts monthly COE Forums For Education Students (“COEffees”). COEffees offer a networking and community-building meetings (and free coffee and tea) for COE graduate students across departments.
A dot (“.”) visible beneath a date in the GSC Events calendar (to the right of this page) indicates a GSC event. Join us for any and all events!
Be sure to sign up for COE grad student-related emails. To do so, please join our listserv by sending an email to email@example.com with subscribe education_grad_students in the subject line.
- Michael Scott, Chairperson (Ph.D. student, Educational Leadership and Policy)
- Deepti Agarwal (Ph.D. student, Kinesiology and Health Education)
- Ashley Bennett (Ph.D. student, Educational Psychology)
- Jeffrey Colburn (Ph.D. student, Curriculum and Instruction)
- Wes Edwards (Ph.D. student, Educational Leadership and Policy)
- Tiffany Guridy (M.Ed. student, Educational Leadership and Policy)
- Suhwa Han (Ph.D. student, Educational Psychology)
- Sarah Jenevein (Ph.D. student, Curriculum and Instruction)
- Michael Kitner (M.Ed. student, Special Education)
- Soyoung Park (Ph.D. student, Special Education)
- Kai Ybarbo (M.Ed. student, Kinesiology and Health Education)
- Dr. Tasha Beretvas, Advisor (Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies)
- Gareth Gingell (Ph.D. student, Curriculum and Instruction)
- Tatiane Russo-Tait (Ph.D. student, Curriculum and Instruction)
Get Involved with the GSC
To get involved with the COE Graduate Student Council (GSC), consider joining one of our sub-committees listed below.
If you have questions, would like to join the relevant listserv, or help in a leadership capacity, please contact the individual listed with each subcommittee:
Underrepresented Graduate Students
International Graduate Students
Graduate Students with Children