The COFA Distinguished Research Award is given annually to a faculty member for extraordinary accomplishment in the area of scholarly research, publication, creative work or collaborative performance/production in the past three years as evidenced by a record of accomplishments, awards/fellowships, critical review and citations. This award is primarily intended to recognize early or mid-career faculty members.
- Fine Arts faculty and students may nominate candidates for this award using the form available below. Faculty members may not self-nominate. Forms are due to Tim Creswick in the Dean’s Office by Friday, March 8, 2019. Nominees can be tenured or non-tenure track faculty who hold an appointment in the College of Fine Arts for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Nominees will be asked to provide a dossier of the following materials:
- A research statement that emphasizes the impact of the nominee’s contributions on their field (two page maximum).
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or a professional in the candidate’s field that identifies the nominee’s most significant creative work, publication or professional activity; assesses their recent impact on their field; and addresses the probable long-term significance of their work. This letter must not come from the nominator.
- Curriculum Vitae
- (optional) Supporting evidence of impact on the field (e.g. copies of critical reviews, citations of scholarly work, interviews, press, etc.) from the most recent three years.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a college committee.
- The winner will be notified in early May.
- The winner will receive a cash award of $5,000 processed through payroll.
- The winner will be recognized at the college’s spring commencement ceremony.
- The winner will be recognized on the COFA website.
18-19-COFA-Award-Nomination-Form (647 kb pdf)
- This fillable PDF works best in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat DC or as a download on Chrome
Previous Award Winners
- 2018 – Katie Dawson, Department of Theatre and Dance
Page last updated: 2/6/2019