- Search committee composition will be at the the discretion of the chair/director and may include faculty, students, or staff. Among other factors, department chair/director should consider demographics when assembling a search committee.
- There will be at least one committee member designated to serve as the advocate for diversity in hiring. This advocate will be paired with a liaison from the Fine Arts Diversity Committee to assist.
- The dean reserves the right to appoint a dean’s representative to the search committee.
- All chairs of search committees are required by university policy to attend training focused on promoting greater diversity in faculty searches and hiring. All members of the committee are highly encouraged to attend training as well. The Provost’s office currently hosts these trainings periodically throughout the year.
- Recruitment Toolkit
- Handouts from Faculty Search Committee Workshop (987kb pdf)
- UT Policy on Hiring Foreign Nationals
- Interfolio – Faculty New User Guide (229kb pdf)
Page last updated: 2/4/2019