COFA faculty creative research funding provides support for research and creative activities of faculty in the College of Fine Arts, for the purpose of advancing the mission of the University of Texas at Austin and the College of Fine Arts.
A faculty member may apply for only one of two types of research programs:
- Creative Research Summer Stipends
– stipend in the amount of $7,000, paid as salary over a three month period during the summer months (less withholding and deductions).
- Creative Research Grant
– award in the amount of $5,000. May be budgeted over a maximum of two years. The grant will be used to support faculty research and creative activity, including but not restricted to travel, materials and supplies, field research, and equipment. (Commonplace computing needs, which can be funded through other means, are not routinely funded through this program.)
Applications are due to your chair/director by Friday, March 1, 2019.
Application information and forms are available below. The application form and budget form are interactive PDFs (you may fill them out using Acrobat).
- 2019-Creative Research Funding Info Sheet (209 kb PDF)
- 2019-Creative Research Funding Application (193 kb PDF)
- 2019-Creative Research Funding Budget (94 kb PDF)
Page last updated: 4/15/2019