We are committed to helping produce websites that meet best practice guidelines.
- Write quality content and links that work for the Web.
- Structure your content to present consistently.
- Don’t forget to test and evaluate before going live.
- Many of the legal and university policy requirements are met by utilizing best practices.
- Best practices make your site accessible to all visitors including those on mobile phones.
- Your site will perform better and rank higher on search engines results.
Reducing ROT (Redundant, Out-of-Date and Trivial content)
While not covered in this instructions site, it should be noted that the Web is full of orphaned content. Be aware that you’re the owner of your content and need to steward it throughout it’s life. For more information read Smashing Magazine’s article Dealing With Redundant, Out-Of-Date And Trivial (ROT) Content and Why Duplicate Content is Bad for the Web.