Each year, The University of Texas at Austin and the International Office welcomes hundreds of international students to the Longhorn community. The International Orientation Assistant (IOA) Program provides UT students the opportunity to get involved in International Orientation activities!
How can you get involved?
Sharing your culture and learning about others can be a rewarding experience! We invite UT students with an international interest to become an IOA. Help International Office staff members check students in during Immigration Briefing & Check-In (IBC), share your knowledge of UT and Austin during International Orientation, and attend fun welcome events to interact with our newest international community members. Selected IOA candidates will be required to attend two IOA training sessions on November 14th and January 6th. Orientation-related events will begin starting January 7th and the last event will take place on January 21st.
IOA Applicant Requirements
- Expected enrollment at UT Austin for Spring 2016
- Must have minimum of one semester enrollment in UT Austin prior to beginning of employment
- At least 3-6 hours per week commitment during program dates
- Commitment to work during January 8th (New International Student Orientation) and January 9th (Welcome Weekend)
- Must work a minimum of 3 IBCs and 1 social event. (Please see attached calendar for event dates)
A successful IOA applicant profile:
- Familiar and/or interested in working with diverse populations in cross-cultural settings
- $125 stipend (paid upon program completion)
How to Apply
For application instructions, please visit our website.
Please submit your application no later than October 30th.