Resources for Spring 2018 Registration
UT Student page: https://my.utexas.edu
When is registration? Oct. 30-Nov. 10
Academic calendar: http://registrar.utexas.edu/calendars
When can I actually register? RIS updated on Oct. 19th
RIS (Registration Info. Sheet): http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/registration/before/ris
- Look for any registrations bars to be cleared in order for you to register
What classes do I register for?
- Make an advising appointment NOW with your academic advisor! Meeting with an academic advisor in your current college is strongly encouraged and required for some colleges and schools. Discuss your interests in the major/minor/certificate you are pursuing or considering, even if one of these is housed in another college, school, or department.
- Additional advising resources: any undergraduate can meet with a Vick Center Advisor to discuss major exploration and internal transfer questions: https://www.utexas.edu/ugs/csacc/academic
- Check your IDA (interactive degree audit) to view your degree progress: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/degrees/ida
- Course Schedule: updated on Oct. 18th by 5pm http://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules
- Click on the course unique number to view the course description and any pre-requisites
- Open/close/waitlist and flags listed to the right
- Video: How to register for classes https://youtu.be/upzaQVA8uyU
Other tools to evaluate courses and faculty:
- Syllabi & CV search: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/student/coursedocs/nlogon/
- CIS (Course Instructor Survey) Results:
- Always consider the rationale for why someone rates a professor or course good or bad. You may like something about a professor or course that someone else doesn’t like.
Tuition payment due to secure spring 2018 registration: Thurs., January 4, 2018 @ 5pm
Next Registration Access Period:
- Mon., January 8th and Wed., Jan. 10th, 2018 for continuing students who have not yet registered. To complete registration, pay tuition by 5pm on Friday, January 12, 2018.
- Thurs., Jan. 11 – Friday, January 12th, 2018 is add/drop for students who registered and paid their tuition by Thursday, January 4th.
MLK Holiday: University closed on Monday, January 15, 2018
Classes Begin: Tuesday, January 16, 2018