LLILAS Benson is pleased to call for submissions to the 9th annual Field Notes: LLILAS Benson Student Photography Exhibition.
This yearly exhibition highlights the importance of student research, work, and volunteerism across the spectrum of fields in Latin American and Latin@/Mexican American studies. Images you submit do not necessarily have to come from Latin America, as long as the theme is related to the broader Latin America/Latin@ subject areas (for example, you could be doing research in Netherlands on the history of Suriname, researching identity in South Texas, or spending the summer buried in the Benson archives).
THIS YEAR’S SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS Thursday, SEPTEMBER 20.
PLEASE fill out the form at the link below, where you can also upload photos:
https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Of6uS4Kjj3SZoh. Submissions are complete only when photos are submitted and form is completed.
• All registered UT students are eligible to submit original photography. Limit of up to 2 submissions per student.
• LLILAS Benson will offer two $250 cash awards for all-around best photographs, selected by a panel consisting of our curatorial team and faculty/staff guest judges.
• Submissions should be TIFF or JPG files at least 300 DPI at 8”x10.” Please remember to save and submit your photographs at the largest file sizes you can! Some of the best images each year can’t be displayed in the exhibition due to small file sizes.
• All photographs selected for exhibition will be printed and matted at 8”x10.” It is fine to submit your photograph uncropped; but please note that it will be cropped/sized as needed by the curatorial team.
• The photos will be exhibited in the Benson Latin American Collection first-floor gallery. Photographers will be invited to an opening reception on Thursday, October 18.
We look forward to your submissions!
Saludos a todxs,
SUSANNA SHARPE, Communications Coordinator
The University of Texas at Austin | LLILAS Benson Latin American Studies and Collections | 512-232-2403 | llilasbenson.utexas.edu
Read our online magazine, Portal