Friday, Jan. 25, Noon to 5 p.m.
Student Activity Center
Reflect on your first semester.
Inspire yourself by setting goals.
Surpass your expectations for college.
Emerge with tools for success.
RISE is FREE and students who attend will be provided lunch and will have the chance to be entered in a drawing to win prizes!
RISE is a one-day summit for first-year and transfer students designed to reinforce the information and resources that were first presented at orientation.
- If you’re looking for academic resources to help make your second semester your best yet, RISE is for you.
- If you want to get more involved in extracurricular activities, RISE is for you.
- And if you’re still trying to find your place here at UT Austin, RISE is for you.
RISE will equip you with the tools you need to start next semester off on the right path. Choose from a variety of sessions on topics like time management, healthy living, study skills, financial tips, and more. You’ll leave RISE with the confidence you need to navigate the rest of your first year and succeed both in and outside the classroom.
Students will be able to choose from a variety of sessions including:
- Study Smarter, Not Harder
- Time & Procrastination
- Major & Career Decisions – 5 Tips for Finding your Path
- Transfer-mational Skills: Leveraging Transfer Student Resilience
- Success Through Resilience Workshop
- Stuff Happens: How the Dean of Students Can Help
- Thriving Mentally and Physically at UT
- Connecting to Campus Clubs
- A Longhorn’s Guide to Financial Aid
RISE is presented by New Student Services in partnership with the Senate of College Councils.
If you have questions or need accommodations please contact New Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512)-471-3304.