College Reading Elective – BDP 319

I wanted to remind everyone of our 3-hour elective, teaching college reading strategies. The course is BDP 319: Analytical Reading and Writing.

This course is meant to take students through reading strategies across the academic disciplines, including history, social sciences, literature, and natural sciences. The course will incorporate high-interest texts and graphic novels to cover topics like race, gender, and economics. I’ve attached a flyer for your reference.

There are still seats available for the course this semester. I encourage you to speak to students, who may have difficulty understanding and synthesizing longer readings, about this course. Our goal is to make sure students are well-prepared to encounter college-level reading and critical thinking in all the courses they take during their time on the Forty Acres.

Please let Hillary Procknow (hillary.procknow@austin.utexas.edu) or myself know if you have any questions about BDP 319.

Best,
Vanessa Garcia
TSI Advisor
____________________
VANESSA GARCIA, M.Ed. | Texas Success Initiative | The University of Texas at Austin | JES 327A | 512-232-7146 | ugs.utexas.edu/tsi | pronouns: she, her, hers