The IC² Institute, a UT Austin research department, has created a new student team competition. Diverse student teams will have the opportunity to choose a Texas community and respond to a prompt related to a community development scenario. The top ten teams will present on Saturday, March 28, for a chance to win cash prizes and demonstrate the ability to apply research, creativity, and strategic thinking to a modern problem. A judging panel will recognize high achievement. $15,000 in cash awards will be distributed among the top three performing teams.
The challenge is appropriate for students in any field of study who want to practice their strategy and presentation skills. Multi-disciplinary teams should consist of 4 or 5 students and must include at least 2 undergraduate students and at least 2 upper-division or graduate students. IC² can help match students to teams.
Would you please share this information and the dates and link below with your students? We hope that in this first year of the program we will be able to reach a diversity of students, not just the students in majors that are most familiar with case competitions.
Thank you in advance!
Student Challenge important dates:
· January: If you would like help from IC² in being matched to a team, complete the online matching form.
· January 23, 2020, 5-7 PM, Blackstone Launchpad, FAC 101D: Information session.
· February 5, 2020, 5-7 PM, Blackstone Launchpad, FAC 101D: Information session.
· February 21, 2020: Deadline for team applications with community information.
· March 26, 2020, 4 PM: Challenge prompt emailed to teams.
· March 28, 2020, 8 AM: Team presentations due.
· March 28, 2020, noon – 5 PM, FAC 101B: Top 10 teams present. 5:30 PM, FAC 101D: Awards ceremony.
Please visit https://ic2.utexas.edu/programs/student-challenge for more information or email email@example.com with any questions.
Director, Operations and Project Management | IC² Institute
The University of Texas at Austin | ic2.utexas.edu
1-512-305-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org | skype: DebraDzwonczyk
Students: Check out the IC² Student Challenge, with $15,000 in cash awards distributed among top teams.