OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS – STUDENT RECRUITERS
To apply, please go to https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ojQWa17nEGKPUp
To engage with and recruit Black/African American, Latinx, and Native/Indigenous prospective students (via phone, email, video chat, and in-person) to increase their application for admission and likelihood of enrollment.
The Admissions Texas Student Recruiter team in the Office of Admissions is a component of the access and inclusion initiatives team. Texas Student Recruiters (TSRs) are critical members of UT Austin’s admissions efforts as we work toward furthering the University’s pursuit of a more diverse and accessible campus community.
TSRs focus on building relationships with Black/African American, Latinx, Native/Indigenous and other historically underrepresented prospective students through direct, personalized, and individual engagement. TSRs will communicate primarily via phone, video chat, or email. TSRs will also engage in-person for shadowing and other campus visit opportunities for prospective and newly admitted students in the fall and spring. The team will work closely with professional staff in the Office of Admissions and may also collaborate with other offices in the Enrollment Management portfolio and other campus partners, including various academic departments, Dean of Students, and the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement.
- To provide prospective students with honest information regarding student life at UT Austin.
- To increase the number of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds applying to and enrolling at UT Austin.
- To provide general information about admission, housing, and student services via phone, email, video chat, or in-person at events.
- To assess the needs of prospective students and their families for additional support from admissions staff and/or other campus partners (housing, financial aid, orientation, etc.).
- To connect prospective students with appropriate administrative, college, or departmental offices as needed.
- To project a positive image of UT during all contact with prospective students, their families, and high school officials.
Texas Student Recruiter
- Positions available: 10
- $9/hour; minimum 6 hours/week (Monday-Thursday 5:30-8:30 pm; event times vary)
- Experience speaking with small and large audiences; bilingual students strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience and comfortability engaging with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to speak honestly and enthusiastically about opportunities at UT Austin
- Completed at least one semester at UT Austin
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
- Work a minimum of 6 hours/week
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 3rd at 11:59pm
For more information, please contact our Program Coordinator, Paul Mannie at email@example.com