August 13-14, 2018 • Austin, Texas
Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental Hotel
We invite you to the 125 Pharmacy Leadership Symposium taking place at the historic Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental Hotel in Downtown Austin, Texas on August 13 and 14, 2018. This two-day professional development symposium is designed for pharmacists who are looking to strengthen their leadership skills, take the next career step, tackle a current work challenge, and/or become involved in leadership opportunities within their healthcare community.
Are You Ready to Lead?
The pharmacy and healthcare professions are experiencing a unique period of transition. Within periods of transition sit great opportunities. Leaders will emerge to set the course for this period to develop the new healthcare systems that will impact our future patients and the health of our societies. Are you ready for the charge? Will you be the next leader in healthcare?
The 125 Pharmacy Leadership Symposium is designed to help pharmacists with the “itch to lead” to improve their leadership skills in order to take on the changing healthcare marketplace. Through participation, pharmacists will be able to:
- Assess, reflect, and understand one’s self in relation to leadership, the profession, and leading others
- Discuss and comprehend the changes taking place in healthcare
- Acquire and utilize new skills when leading transitions and change
- Connect with like-minded colleagues, to form cohorts, and to share challenges and goals
- Plan a personal Continuing Professional Development agenda to continue one’s leadership growth
- Earn up to 18.00 CPE credits
Celebrating 125 Years
In 1893, pharmacy leaders in Texas came together to discuss the future of pharmacy leadership and founded the College of Pharmacy at The University of Texas at Austin. Over the past 125 years, the College has greatly impacted healthcare in the State and beyond. This August, we are looking to bring together 125 of the most talented emerging leaders in pharmacy to forge the next era of healthcare. We invite you to join us!