- CPNP 2020 Annual Meeting – Workshop, April 2020 (members only)
- 2020 Psychiatric Pharmacotherapy Update – Workshop, October 2020
The Pharmacy Leadership Symposium is a professional development workshop designed for pharmacists and healthcare professionals who are looking to strengthen their leadership skills, take the next career step, tackle a current work challenge, and/or become involved in leadership opportunities within their healthcare community.
Are You Ready to Lead?
The pharmacy and healthcare professions are experiencing a unique period of transition. Within periods of transition sit great opportunities. Leaders will emerge to set the course for this period to develop the new healthcare systems that will impact our future patients and the health of our societies. Are you ready for the charge? Will you be the next leader in healthcare?
The Pharmacy Leadership Symposium is designed to help pharmacists and healthcare professions with the “itch to lead” to improve their leadership skills in order to take on the changing healthcare marketplace. Through participation, attendees will be able to:
- Assess, reflect, and understand one’s self in relation to leadership, the profession, and leading others
- Discuss and comprehend the changes taking place in healthcare
- Acquire and utilize new skills when leading transitions and change
- Connect with like-minded colleagues, to form cohorts, and to share challenges and goals
- Plan a personal Continuing Professional Development (CPD) agenda to continue one’s leadership growth
The Pharmacy Leadership Symposium includes workshops on specific leadership skills needed in today’s every-changing profession. Each workshop is customized to the particular audience. Topics may include:
- Leadership Frames
- Communication Skills
- Leading Change
- Working with Difficult Situations
- Professional Involvement
- Self-Reflection and Development
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an approach to lifelong learning. The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) defines CPD as a self-directed, ongoing, systematic and outcomes-focused approach to lifelong learning that is applied into practice. It involves the process of active participation in formal and informal learning activities that assist individuals in developing and maintaining continuing competence, enhancing their professional practice, and supporting achievement of their career goals. – ACPE, 2018
At the conclusion of the workshops, participants create personal CPD plans, and leave with a network of like-minded professionals who can support one another through their CPD journey.