APhA’s MTM Program Hosted by UT Austin
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is a licensed instructional partner of APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Training Program (MTM). The following information is taken from the APhA MTM website:
American Pharmacists Association’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services: A Certificate Program for Pharmacists
APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services presents a systematic approach for developing, implementing, delivering, and sustaining MTM services. It includes an overview of the marketplace for delivering MTM services, guidance for implementing MTM services in pharmacy practice, a review of the essential skills and knowledge needed for performing MTM successfully, and an organized process for identifying medication-related problems. The purpose of this certificate training program is to prepare pharmacists to improve medication use through the delivery of MTM services in a variety of practice settings.
Activity Type: Practice-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
Learning Level: Level 3
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Advance public health and patient care through improved medication use.
- Provide training to enhance pharmacists’ ability to effectively provide MTM services.
- Motivate increased numbers of pharmacists to establish MTM services.
- Communicate benchmark practices for providing MTM services.
This ACPE activity does not provide a certification in this topic but rather advanced professional training which upon successful completion the learner will be able to download a certificate of achievement.
- Online interactive self-study with assessment
- Live seminar with online evaluation
- Post-seminar case exercise
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who successfully complete all program components, including an evaluation.
The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The APhA Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services certificate training program is approved for a total of 21.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit (2.1 CEUs). The ACPE Universal Activity Numbers (UAN) for this activity are listed below.
- Successful completion of the self-study component involves passing the self-study assessment with a grade of 70% or higher and will result in 10 contact hours of CPE credit (1.0 CEUs). ACPE UAN: 0202-0000-18-164-H04-P / 0202-9999-18-164-H04-P
- Successful completion of the live seminar component involves attending the full live seminar and completing the online evaluation. Successful completion of this component will result in 8 contact hours of CPE credit (0.8 CEU). ACPE UAN: 0202-0000-18-165-L04-P / 0202-9999-18-165-L04-P
- Successful completion of the post seminar case exercise component involves completing 3 post cases and submitting an online attestation statement of completion. Successful completion of this component will result in 3 contact hours of CPE credit (0.3 CEU). ACPE UAN: 0202-0000-18-166-H04-P / 0202-9999-18-166-H04-P
- If you are a Minnesota Pharmacist and want to enroll in the APhA MTM certificate training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, before enrolling.
- Successful completion of the post seminar case exercise component for Minnesota pharmacists involves completing 12 post cases and submitting an online attestation statement of completion. Successful completion of this component will result in 12 contact hours of CPE credit (1.2 CEU). ACPE UAN: 0202-0000-18-167-H04-P / 0202-9999-18-167-H04-P
To obtain 21.0 contact hours of CPE credit (2.1 CEUs) for APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services program, the learner must complete all components listed above, and CLAIM credit for each component. Participants will need to have a valid APhA (pharmacist.com) username and password, as well as a CPE Monitor account to claim credit. After credit has been claimed, please visit CPE monitor for your transcript. The Certificate of Achievement will be available online upon successful completion of the necessary activity requirements on the participant’s My Training page.
APhA continuing pharmacy education policy provides you with two opportunities to successfully complete the continuing pharmacy education assessment. Please note that you will not be permitted to submit the assessment a third time. The current policy of the APhA Education Department is not to release the correct answers to any of our CPE tests. This policy is intended to maintain the integrity of the CPE activity and the assessment.
Release Date: July 1, 2018
Expiration Date: July 1, 2021 – PLEASE NOTE: NO Home Study credit granted after this date; Live Credit can only be granted within 60 days from the day of the seminar attended or before the expiration date, whichever is sooner.
Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services in the Community was originally created in 2007 by the American Pharmacists Association and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. Copyright © 2018 by the American Pharmacists Association
- 128MB of RAM
- 16-bit video card capable of 1024×768 screen resolution or better
- Speakers or headphones, if accessing content with audio
- Internet Browsers
- IE 9 and greater
- Microsoft Edge 12 and greater
- Firefox 4 and greater*
- Google Chrome*
- Safari 5 and greater
* These browsers automatically update themselves behind the scenes to the most current version.
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 and 8
- Windows Vista
- Mac OSX
- iOS devices (tablets and phones): Please note iPads do not currently allow Adobe Support to be downloaded onto the device.
- Android devices (tablets and phones)
- Windows 10
Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services: A Certificate Training Program for Pharmacists was originally created in 2007 by the American Pharmacists Association and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. Copyright © 2014 by the American Pharmacists Association.
Special / Company Programs
The UT Austin CPE office can coordinate private MTM training programs for your company. Contact the CPE office for more information.