MTM Certification required completion of a sequence of activities. Click on the links below to see the detailed agenda and learning objectives for each step in the sequence:
- Module 1. The Current Landscape for MTM Services
- Module 2. Becoming an MTM Practitioner: A Plan for Success
- Module 3. Getting Ready for MTM Service Delivery: Knowledge and Skills
- Module 4. Ready for Action: Conducting an MTM Encounter
- After completion of the self-study portion of the certificate training program, participants must complete two pre-seminar patient cases.
Live Seminar hosted by The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy
- After completing all portions of the Self-Study, participants will then attend the 8 hour live seminar. Sessions include:
- The MTM Care Process
- Patient Communication During MTM Encounters
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Managing Special Needs of Elderly Patients
- Case Studies
- MTM Implementation: Financial and Operational Issues
- Next Steps and Take Home Points
- Post-Seminar Assignment and Final Instructions
- Following the same format as the pre-seminar exercises and using cases from the pharmacist’s practice, participants must perform and document a medication therapy review for three additional patient cases.
- For each case, participants will identify and prioritize the patient’s medication-related problems, develop appropriate interventions, complete the appropriate documentation, and devise a plan for follow-up.
- A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to participants who successfully complete all activity requirements, which include the self-study activity and pre-seminar exercises, the self-study examination, the live training seminar, and the post-seminar patient interviews.
For more information, visit the APhA MTM Training website.