Registration is NOW OPEN!
The Sterile Compounding Update is an knowledge-based activity designed for IV-certified pharmacists and technicians, who wish to earn 2 hours of sterile compounding CE credit. The course aims to expand participants’ professional skills and expertise in areas relating to sterile compounding, while staying abreast current compounding practice trends.
NOTE: This content is intended for pharmacists and technicians who are engaged in compounding low and medium risk sterile preparations. The content also meets requirements outlined by TSBP rule (291.133).
Click the Agenda icon to view topics, learning objectives, and CE information for both pharmacists & technicians
Check-in/Dinner: 6:15PM – 6:45PM
Course Schedule: 6:45PM – 9:00PM
NOTE: Dinner will be available until 7:15PM
The 2019 Sterile Compounding Update will be held at the same location as the Pharmacy Practice Seminar, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, which is located on the northeast corner of the 290 East/IH-35 intersection.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
6505 North IH-35
Austin, TX 78752
DoubleTree Hotel Map
Tiffany Kofroth, CPhT, CSPT, PhTR
Specialty Pharmacy Technician
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The University of Texas MD Anderson
Tiffany Kofroth is a Specialty Pharmacy Technician at the University of Texas at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. She earned her national certified pharmacy technician certificate in 2002 and received her national certification specialty in sterile compounding from PTCB in April of 2018. Tiffany has been practicing as a pharmacy technician for over 20 years, hitting her 20th year in January of 2018.
At her current position within the institution, her main role is a co-instructor of an initial sterile compounding course providing 24 to 40 hours of continuing education credit to newly hired staff. When she is not teaching she serves as a content expert and educational program creator for pharmacy technician continued professional development training, routinely staffs in all three pharmacy technician areas throughout the institution, and currently is ensuring Joint Commission compliance by holding 1:1 observations sessions in the clean room environments and discussing with staff their opportunities for improvement.
Tiffany currently serves on 2 councils/committees with the national pharmacy technician board (PTCB); she was a content expert for the national sterile compounding certification which was released in Spring 2018 and she also serves on the certification council with a focus on sterile compounding programs throughout the USA. On a local level, she is an active member of the local Gulf Coast Society of Health-System Pharmacists in Texas and in Spring of 2018, she earned the Annual Outstanding Pharmacy Technician Award. In January of 2018, she was elected to be 1 of 5 pharmacy technicians to sit on the inaugural pharmacy technician executive committee with ASHP.
In her spare time, she is an active volunteer with the Ronald McDonald house on the pediatric kitchen within MD Anderson Cancer Center and volunteers with the Astros Foundation during game days or at the Houston Food Bank on the weekend.
Tiffany Kofroth does not have any relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interests to disclose, nor does she have any conflicts of interest.
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The Sterile Compounding Update is accredited for 2 CE hours (0.2 CEUs). In order to receive 2 contact hours of CE credit, the participant must attend/participate in all sessions of the program, return their completed Record of Attendance Form at the conclusion of the program, and return to this website to complete the online evaluation.
ACPE UAN# 067-0000-19-110-L07-P/T
2019 Registration Fees
|Regular Rates||Late Rates
(After August 31)
|UT Preceptor, UT Faculty, and Pharmacy Technicians *||$100||$130|
Online Registration, NOW OPEN!
- Payment of the registration fee will be a separate/additional transaction from PPS registration fee.
- Please remember to have your NABP E-Profile ID in order to complete your registration.
- Registration fee includes up to 2 hours CPE credit and access to 2-hours of course materials.
- Registration includes dinner.
* UT Preceptor, UT Faculty, and Pharmacy Technician Discount: This discount is valid for current UT Austin College of Pharmacy Preceptors. To receive the discount, while on the registration page, apply the following coupon code: sc19
Pre-Seminar Refund Policy
An $80 refund will be issued if notification of cancellation is made to College of Pharmacy Continuing Education by August 31, 2018. If payment of registration was made by check, please allow up to 60 days for refund.
Refunds will not be made for cancellations received after August 31, 2019; however, substitute registrants will be accepted.
All registrants will receive printed copies of the course handouts at the time of check-in. However, if you prefer to have electronic copies, please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to download the course materials. Please note: electronic copies are typically posted online 1 week prior to the CPE activity.
Evaluations and Earning CPE Credit
How to Claim Your CPE Credit After Attending the Program
Participants: Click here to complete Evaluations for CE Credit
- Once logged on, click the “Pending Programs” link at the top of the page
- Click on the link for the “2018 Sterile Compounding Update”
- Click the “Complete Evaluation” link.
– Evaluations MUST be completed, and CPE credit successfully awarded, within 60 days of completing the activity.
– Log on to CPE Monitor a few days after completing your online evaluation to check that ALL of your credit appears.
– Contact UT CPE immediately if ALL of your credit is not appearing in CPE Monitor, BEFORE 60 days has passed . ACPE will not allow ANY changes after 60 days.
– The 60-day DEADLINE is November 8, 2019 to complete evaluations and to earn CPE credit for the 2019 Immunization Update.