Friday, September 28, 2018 • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel • Austin
The Sterile Compounding Update (formerly named IV Update) is an application-based activity designed for IV-certified pharmacists and technicians, who wish to earn 2 hours of sterile compounding CE credit. The course aims to expand participants’ professional skills and expertise in areas relating to sterile compounding, while staying abreast current compounding practice trends.
NOTE: This content is intended for pharmacists and technicians who are engaged in compounding low and medium risk sterile preparations. The content also meets requirements outlined by TSBP rule (291.133).
Click the Agenda icon to view learning objectives and CE credit.
Shannon Bui, PharmD, RPh
Faculty, Pharmacy Technology Program
Austin Community College
Shannon Bui, RPH, is a Austin Community College Professor in the Pharmacy Technician Program. In this role, she teaches Sterile Compounding and Aseptic Technique, Total Parenteral Nutrition Preparation, Chemotherapy Preparation, Pediatric Compounding, and Pharmaceutical Mathematics.
Shannon Bui earned her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy at the University of Wyoming. She has been a Pharmacist over 27 years in hospital pharmacy working in the Adult ICU, Pediatric ICU and Neonatal ICU practice settings over her career.
As an ACPE Sterile Compounding and Aseptic Technique Instructor through Austin Community College, Shannon conducts ACPE Sterile Compounding training for hospital systems including the DOD across the United States and in Europe.
Shannon Bui does not have any financial relationship(s) with commercial interests to disclose, nor does she have any conflicts of interest.
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The Sterile Compounding Update is accredited for 2 CE hours (0.2 CEUs). In order to receive 2 contact hours of CE credit, the participant must attend/participate in all sessions of the program, return their completed Record of Attendance Form at the conclusion of the program, and return to this website to complete the online evaluation.
|Regular Rates||Late Rates
(After August 31)
|UT Preceptor *||$115||$150|
- Payment of the registration fee will be a separate/additional transaction from PPS registration fee.
- Please remember to have your NABP E-Profile ID in order to complete your registration.
- Registration fee includes up to 2 hours CPE credit and access to 2-hours of course materials.
- Registration includes dinner.
* UT Preceptor Discount: This discount is valid for current UT Austin College of Pharmacy Preceptors. To receive the discount, while on the registration page, put the coupon code “2018utpreceptor” in the coupon box and press: apply coupon. Your fee will be adjusted.
** Pharmacy Technician Discount: This discount is for Pharmacy Technicians only. To receive the discount, while on the registration page, put the coupon code “sc18tech” in the coupon box and press: apply coupon. Your fee will be adjusted.
Pre-Seminar Refund Policy
An $80 refund will be issued if notification of cancellation is made to College of Pharmacy Continuing Education by August 31, 2018. If payment of registration was made by check, please allow up to 60 days for refund.
Refunds will not be made for cancellations received after August 31, 2018; however, substitute registrants will be accepted.
All registrants will receive printed copies of the course handouts at the time of check-in. However, if you prefer to have electronic copies, please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to download the course materials. Please note: electronic copies are typically posted online 1 week prior to the CPE activity.
Evaluations and Earning CPE Credit
How to Claim Your CPE Credit After Attending the Program
Participants: Click here to complete Evaluations for CE Credit
- Once logged on, click the “Pending Programs” link at the top of the page
- Click on the link for the “2018 Sterile Compounding Update”
- Click the “Complete Evaluation” link.
– Evaluations MUST be completed, and CPE credit successfully awarded, within 60 days of completing the activity.
– Log on to CPE Monitor a few days after completing your online evaluation to check that ALL of your credit appears.
– Contact UT CPE immediately if ALL of your credit is not appearing in CPE Monitor, BEFORE 60 days has passed . ACPE will not allow ANY changes after 60 days.
– The 60-day DEADLINE is November 20, 2018 to complete evaluations and to earn CPE credit for the 2018 Immunization Update.