Fostering public sector innovation and creative solutions to today’s challenges through teaching, research, and real-world engagement.
What We Do
- Provide a Full Year Internship Program at the Texas Legislature, combining world-class instruction with hands-on experience in the offices of state legislators.
- Promote direct student participation with state and local government by sponsoring student organizations and activities such as training students as voter registrars.
- Teach innovative courses including Conversations on Leadership, Modern American Political Campaign, and Social Filmmaking.
- Develop student research capabilities through participation in full year research project classes.
- Conduct original research regarding digital government and use of social media.
- Produce research reports such as “Texas Transparency: Beyond Raw Data” and “Texas Financial Transparency: Open and Online.”
- Author book chapter- “Transparency Issues in E-Governance and Civic Engagement” in a book in entitled Active Citizen Participation in E-Government: A Global Perspective released in January 2012.
Public Policy Engagement
- Provide expertise to the Texas Legislature and media organizations on political campaigns, digital government, transparency, and public financial management.
- Formulate public policy solutions by transforming CPG research recommendations into actionable legislation.
- Expose students, faculty and the community to cutting edge ideas by bringing national leaders and experts to speak at the CPG@LBJ Perspective Series.
- Host candidate forums and debates to inform citizen decision-making and facilitate public participation.