Deadline: April 30, 2016
The Russian and East European Institute (REEI) of Indiana University (IU) announces an ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Assessment Workshop for teachers of Russian language to be held on the campus of IU Bloomington on July 5-8, 2016. Participants in the workshop will be fully funded.
The ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) Assessment Workshop is a four-day professional development workshop designed to introduce language educators to the Oral Proficiency Interview, the ACTFL rating scale, and the techniques for conducting and rating oral proficiency interviews. In daily plenary presentations, participants address general concepts and strategies for oral proficiency testing. This information is then reinforced and practiced in language-specific break-out sessions by observing model interviews, participating in hands-on rating activities, and conducting and rating live practice interviews. These practice interviews and ratings are discussed and critiqued in the language-specific groups. Following the workshop, eligible participants may pursue Limited or Full OPI Tester Certification. Please visit ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview for more information.
- Each participating teacher with five nights of housing on the IU campus (check-in July 4, check-out July 9)
- Travel reimbursement that will cover round trip air and/or ground transportation
- Per diem to offset the cost of meals taken during the course of the workshop
- Statement of interest that addresses your experience as a teacher of Russian, your familiarity with proficiency-oriented teaching and testing, and the contribution which participation in the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Assessment Workshop will make to your further professional development
- Submit all application materials to Mark Trotter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to teachers of Russian who are currently teaching at the pre-college level in schools or community programs, but teachers of Russian at the college/university level as well as pre-service teachers of Russian (pre-college or college/university) are also encouraged to apply.