Deadline: May 15, 2016
At HI USA we think travel should be as much about making a difference in the world as it is about seeing it, so we’ve created Explore the World Travel Scholarships. Recipients of the scholarship receive $2,000 to help finance their international trip as long as they have an educational or service component to their itinerary. We give to you so you can give back.
- Be 18 – 30 years of age
- Be a permanent, legal resident of the USA
- Reside or attend school in one of the select metropolitan areas where HI USA has a community presence
- Have a strong desire and motivation to experience other people and cultures through international travel
- Plan to take a trip to a destination outside of the 50 United States between now and August 31, 2017 that incorporates volunteerism or service learning
- Complete an Explore the World Application for your location. Don’t forget to check out our 7 Tips for a Successful Explore the World Application!
- Provide 2 personal references
- If selected as a finalist, participate in an interview in your local area
Please Note: Applicants may only submit one application per calendar year. Applicants who are not selected may reapply in the future. However, prior scholarship recipients are ineligible to reapply.
For more information and to apply, please click here!