Deadline for Applications: October 24, 2016
Outreach and Programming Coordinator
Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Outreach and Programming Coordinator works with the Director and Associate Director in the development, planning, organizing, and implementation of the Center’s outreach activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, initiate and oversee projects for REEEC-related outreach programming that includes campus, K-12, community college, business and media communities.
• Manage Center programs and projects under the direction of the Associate Director, with primary responsibility for organizing and executing visits by speakers, conferences, workshops, and public events.
• Organize and execute the activities of the Summer Research Laboratory.
• Provide direct supervision of graduate outreach and SRL assistants.
• Organize and supervise data entry and draft narrative for grant administration and reporting.
• Develop ideas for programming and draft parts of major center grant proposals.
• Work with other area studies personnel and faculty to design, coordinate, staff, and implement joint outreach activities (public and special events).
• Act as liaison to campus and university outreach community to develop collaborative activities and shared service.
• Build relationships with constituent communities by attending educational events and community programs and publicizing Center activities.
• Provide FLAS fellowship program support as needed.
• Act for the Associate Director, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in a humanities, social science, or education field.
• Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, databases, social media and websites;
• Strong writing and public speaking/presentation skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision;
• Interdisciplinary and creative orientation
• Master’s degree strongly preferred; training in a regional language and in Russian, East European, and Eurasian studies.
• Experience in K-12 teaching or programs
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/REEECOutreachCoordinator and upload your cover letter and resume by October 24, 2016. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Linda McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org