Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Serendipity American English and Culture Program has been in continuous operation at the American Home in Vladimir, Russia since September 1992 under the auspices of Serendipity: Russian Consulting & Development, Ltd.—now doing business as Serendipity-Russia. Demand for English lessons from native speakers remains very strong. In addition to classes, as noted above, our teachers offer lectures on topics of special interest to Russians.
This is an exceptional opportunity to experience Russia in a uniquely supportive atmosphere and to accomplish something worthwhile in the process. Previous teachers have commented very favorably on the quality of our facilities and teaching materials; the tremendous support provided by their colleagues, including our dedicated Russian staff; and how much they have enjoyed their Russian students. A significant number of our teachers have parlayed their experience in Vladimir into employment in Moscow or stateside—or into admission to major graduate programs, including top ranked law schools
- Small stipend
- Room and board with a Russian family
- Three hours per week of one-to-one Russian lessons
- Teacher training and lesson planning assistance
- A pleasant, well-equipped, and organized teaching environment
- Plan and teach four (possibly 5) 1½ hour classes that meet twice a week
- Hold office hours
- Present a brief “Saturday lecture” on any aspect of American culture
- Airfare to Moscow
- Visa fee
- Obtain TESOL certification
For more information please click here!