The American Home has proudly offered intensive Russian courses for foreigners for many years now. Our qualified and experienced instructors, Tanya Akimova and Nelli Mukhammadieva have many years of experience in teaching Russian to foreign students. Our students live with host families here in the ancient city of Vladimir, and can fully immerse themselves in both the Russian language and culture.
Dates: Open May 1—August 30 (although fall and winter dates are possible)
Signup: At least three months prior to departure with a $500 deposit required.
Balance due at least 30 days prior to departure.
- Experienced faculty specializing in teaching Russian to non-native speakers
- Program and schedule customized to the needs of each group of students
- Study from one week to one year
- Individual home-stay with a Russian family (2 meals a day)
- “Russian friend-conversation partner” program
- On-site administrative support
- Well-equipped classrooms in a comfortable, home-like, atmosphere
- Intensive, one-on-one or small group lessons 3 hours a day/5 days a week
- Excursions in Vladimir and to Suzdal (a UNESCO World Heritage site) and Bogoliubovo
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with some of the more than 400 Russians
participating in the American Home English Program and others
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of activities—for example, volunteering at an
Approximate program fee: one-to-one instruction group instruction (2-5+ people, 15-35% discount)
Four weeks $3,990 $3,228 – 2,536
Six weeks $5,522 $4,563 – 3,556
Eight weeks $7,053 $5,898 – 4,576
Longer and shorter programs, from one week to a year, are also possible.
For more information, please click here!