Deadline for Applications: January 29, 2018
Senior Organized Crime Adviser
Level: Senior Professional
Vacancy Number: VNSRMS00508
Duty Station: Belgrade, Serbia
Apply by: 29 January 2018 for full consideration
View the job description: https://www.pae.com/careers-react-opportunities
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react by 29 January. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
- University education in law or significant work experience in criminal justice and/or law enforcement (the latter required for police corrections officer training)
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in the practice of law, e.g. judges, prosecutors, lawyers, etc.
- Previous experience in law enforcement and/or public administration
- Experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of courtroom proceedings and criminal law and procedure
- Knowledge of international legal procedure standards and instruments
- Knowledge of the standards and practices of modern criminal justice systems
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good drafting skills and the ability to tailor reports and presentations to the needs of a specific audience
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Ability to operate Windows applications including word-processing and e-mail
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of the Police Affairs Department (proposed to be renamed into Security Co-operation Department in 2018), the Senior Organized Crime Adviser is responsible for the following duties:
- Providing advice and assistance to the Ministry of Interior and other relevant national interlocutors on implementation of national strategies to deal with organized, serious and trans-national crime;
- Identifying and assessing areas of needs, including capacity building and specialist assistance in the development of a criminal intelligence system, investigation of drug smuggling and other forms of organized and serious crime;
- Advising on best practices in relation to the prosecutorial-led investigation;
- Developing and evaluating departmental strategies on the fight against organized crime assistance, project proposals and action plans, on the basis of the needs assessment;
- Advising the Ministry of Interior on co-operation between the prosecution and police and application of the multi-disciplinary approach to criminal investigations;
- Liaising with international police liaison officers and other international organisations to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the provision of assistance to the Ministry of Interior in the area of the fight against organized and serious crime;
- Ensuring that accountability aspects and human rights norms are included in the advice and assistance provided by the Department;
- Supervising all projects and staff of the Department’s Organized Crime Unit;
- Performs other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Serbia, please see www.osce.org/serbia.
Again, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at:https://www.pae.com/careers-react by 29 January 2018.