Deadline for Applications: February 10, 2018
The Wilson Center seeks a Program Assistant for the Kennan Institute. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the program.
Must have experience:
- arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- completing appropriate travel authorizations and vouchers, purchase orders, and other accounting-related paperwork
- coordinating activities and planning upcoming events
- drafting correspondence
- proofreading correspondence and reports for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling in English and/or Russian.
- Provides administrative support to Director, Deputy Director, and staff of the Kennan Institute.
- Prepares and edits various correspondences for proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Arranges travel and hotel accommodations for staff members and participants in the Institute’s activities; completes appropriate travel authorizations, travel vouchers, purchase orders, petty cash, and other accounting-related paperwork.
- Prepares and organizes Kennan Institute public events; responsible for set-up, microphones, and all other logistical matters.
- Organizes multi-day conferences including travel logistics, catering, supplies, creating and formatting agendas and program materials, and coordinating staff and attendees.
- Assists with scholar administration including organizing scholar competitions, onboarding procedure, management of internal scholar seminar schedule, visa support, and scholar list.
- Assists with outreach, including communications by phone, e-mail, webpages, and social media.
- Maintains and edits the Kennan Institute blogs.
- Answers phones and office-wide email to provide information related to program activities.
For more information and instructions on how to apply please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490150500
There is no limit to the number of applications received. Deadline for Applications is February 10, 2018