Deadline for Applications: Ongoing until Filled
Academic Studies Press (Boston, MA) is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Acquisitions Editor.
The Acquisitions Editor will be responsible for acquiring scholarly and academic titles in Slavic and Central Asian Studies.
Preference will be given to a candidate with editorial experience and a record of acquisitions, extensive contacts with a wide array of potential authors, and fluency in the critical literature of and the newest developments in these fields. Experience in securing funding for books requiring subsidies is desirable. The successful candidate for this position will work with the Senior Editor to design a focused publishing program, taking into consideration the best opportunities in these fields, as well as the candidate’s interests, professional training, and publishing experience.
The Acquisitions Editor will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Solicit and evaluate book proposals and manuscripts in the above stated areas
- Solicit, evaluate, and process reports from peer reviewers
- Present proposed books to the Senior Editor
- Negotiate contracts
- Prepare accurate budgets for books acquired
- Identify and secure funding for books requiring subsidies
- Maintain accurate and timely schedules for transmittal of manuscripts to production
- Attend relevant conferences and events
- Actively participate in sales and marketing plans for promoting publications
If you wish to be considered, please forward a resume and cover letter noting salary requirements in Word or PDF format to email@example.com