From now on, it is only possible to apply electronically for the general research grants. The necessary application documents can be uploaded in the electronic application form.
The following documents must be included in an application for a research scholarship (in German or English):
- description of the research proposal (max. 8 pages)
- plus bibliography if necessary (in addition to the max. 8 pages)
- at least font size 11 and line spacing 1.5
- time schedule and working plan with information about the necessary travel to archives, libraries and museums or other destinations
- description of the journeys to archives, museums or other destinations which are closely related to the subject of the project and detailed calculation of the costs (travel and lodging). No flat-rate daily allowance or flat-rates for hotel expenses shall be paid. The Foundation can’t cover any college or tuition fees.
- calculation of material costs (e.g. for photocopies or film versions of archive material, photographs, etc., not a lump sum for books)
- tabular curriculum vitae with list of publications
- copies of academic certificates (Masters, PhD, professorship, etc.; please do not send Bachelor certificates)
- one letter of recommendation. References have to be signed personally by the author and sent to the Gerda Henkel Foundation. A signed version by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax is accepted. It is possible to submit more than one letter of recommendation.
Please do not additionally send the documents by email or postal mail.
For more information, click here.