Deadline for Submissions: November 12, 2018
U.S.-Kazakhstan University Partnership Coaching Program
Call for Proposals FOR Partnership Grants
Purpose of Grants: Funded by the U.S. Embassy in Astana, Kazakhstan, five grants will be awarded to U.S. universities to establish partnerships between faculty and administrators at U.S. and Kazakhstani universities or advance current U.S. and Kazakhstani collaborations in higher education. Administered by American Councils for International Education, the grants will support direct travel, honoraria, materials, and conference fees for faculty or administrators in the U.S. and Kazakhstan. Grants are intended to support institutional capacity building, professional development for administrators, joint curriculum and co-curriculum, joint faculty research, student exchanges, and other new areas of collaboration. Proposals that support international student tuition or faculty salaries will not be eligible.
Eligibility: U.S. university faculty members and administrators are eligible to apply for partnership awards (one per institution) to be implemented through September 30, 2019. Projects that advance current U.S.-Kazakhstani university connections or establish new partnerships are encouraged.
Awards: Individual grants will be awarded up to $20,000 per project, depending on the availability of funds and the number of approved projects.
Proposal Format and Length: The proposal document should be a single PDF and should be labeled with the applicant’s last name, first name, and name of university. Proposals should be no more than five pages (single spaced), excluding budget, CVs, and partner letter of support. Include the following headings and sections:
- Introduction: The first page of the proposal should include:
- Title of Proposal
- Dates of Proposed Activity
- Email & Phone
- Goals and Objectives: Present the goals and objectives for the proposed project. In addition to describing the activities, describe the relevance and significance of the proposed project and how it will advance partnership between your university and a Kazakhstani university partner.
- Background and Responsibilities: Explain the background of the proposed project, including any previous partnership activity and/or its relevance to broader initiatives at your university. Define the responsibilities of personnel involved in the project.
- Outcome and Dissemination: Describe the expected outcomes of the projects, how outcomes will be measured, plans for sharing these outcomes or end products, and sustainability of follow-on activities.
- Budget: Include a narrative justification of the budget and a tabular budget with specific line items for the trip (airfare, lodging and per diem, ground transportation, visa fees, materials, honoraria, and conference fees). For more information, consult the U.S. Department of State Office of Allowances Foreign Per Diem Rates by Location: https://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem.asp.
- CVs: Provide CVs for principal investigators at both U.S. and Kazakhstani universities.
- Letter of Support: Applicants should include a brief, 1-page letter of support from a Kazakhstani university partner to indicate commitment and support for the project. The letter should reference the project’s Kazakhstani point of contact.
Criteria for Evaluation: American Councils will evaluate applications based on: 1) feasibility of the project; 2) sustainability of partnerships; 3) impact of project to advance internationalization of higher education between the U.S. and Kazakhstan; 4) a budget that is reasonable and well justified.
Preference will be given to partnerships that involve the following Kazakhstani institutions:
|Al-Farabi Kazakh National University||Miras University|
|Atyrau State University||Narxoz University|
|East Kazakhstan State Technical University||Pavlodar State University|
|Eurasian National University||Satpayev University|
|Innovative Eurasian University||Seifullin Agro Tech University|
|Karaganda State Technical University||Semey State Medical University|
|Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages||Shakarim State University of Semey|
|Kazakh National Agrarian University||South Kazakhstan State University|
|Kostanai State Technical University||Suleiman Demirel University|
Submission: Submit proposals to Adrian Erlinger, Program Manager, Innovation and Capacity building via email: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: November 12, 2018
Questions? Feel free to call at 202-572-9119.