Deadline for Applications: March 15, 2019
Indiana University at the Bloomington campus is hiring a Program Coordinator and Project Manager for their SWSEEL Summer Workshop.
Oversees day-to-day operations of the Language Workshop in compliance with IU and federal policies and procedures, with an emphasis on student-facing activities, logistics and financial oversight, and management of externally funded projects as assigned.
As Program Coordinator, bears primary responsibility for student management, course scheduling, scholarship and fellowship administration. Assists students during admission, testing, and enrollment. Provides advising for students, parents, and participants in Workshop programs. Schedules on-campus and online courses. Manages admissions in accordance with admission decisions of Director and admissions committees; monitors student status, provides course overrides and addresses student issues; provides logistical support for scholarship and fellowship selection; manages scholarship and fellowship establishment and disbursement; manages student billing; manages student housing; maintains unit calendars.
As Project Manager, manages execution of externally funded projects as assigned, overseeing project-specific activities, serving as primary contact to external sponsors, implementing monitoring and evaluation protocols, maintaining project records, supervising project staff, attending required conferences and meetings, and assisting Director with project reporting. Regional and out of state travel (including across Indiana, the Midwest, and the country).
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in higher education administration (in an area related to student enrollment services such as admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management) or in recruitment, program development or marketing in public, private, or non-profit sectors.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
Possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to be insured by Indiana University.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with diverse communities.
• Strong management, leadership, and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize and work independently on multiple projects with demanding time deadlines
• Willingness to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to make decisions. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of IU policies, procedures, financial systems, course management, and student record systems
• Proficiency in spreadsheet use (particularly constants, macros, and pivot tables)
• Facility with web & print design and with image, sound, and video editing software
• Familiar with IU campus and procedures
• Two years of experience in academic or non-profit administration
Position Title -Program Coordinator and Project Manager
Department -SUMMER WORKSHOP (SWSEEL) (BL-SWKS-IUBLA)
See the Job Posting for more information