About the journal: Forum of Linguistics is an open-access and double-blind, peer-reviewed academic journal, published by the Institute of Linguistics, University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland. We welcome original research papers and reviews that present empirical, theoretical and methodological work regarding synchronic and diachronic linguistics.
The Journal is indexed in the Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities database, Index Copernicus International, POL-index, Linguistic Bibliography Online, Central and Eastern European Online Library, BazHum, iSybislaw and also WorldCat, Naviga, INFONA. It belongs to the list of scientific journals of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (discipline: linguistics) – 20 points.
The next issue will be devoted to pragmalinguistics in its synchronic and diachronic framework. We suggest the following research subjects:
• the commonalities and differences of semantic and pragmatic research
• achievements of synchronic pragmatics versus historical analysis
• terminology in pragmatic studies
• discourse research in a historical perspective
• dialogue in ancient and modern texts
• pragmatics versus digital tools in linguistic analyses
• the role of the pragmatic factors in the process of language change
• historical analysis of speech acts versus analysis of historical speech acts
The list of topics presented above is not closed – we are also awaiting also articles that show a new perspectives and approaches to pragmatic studies.
We also publish reviews and polemics related to articles and books on pragmalinguistics.
Articles are published in Polish and all congress languages.
Submission via the Open Journal Systems (https://www.journals.us.edu.pl/index.php/FL) from 1st of April 2020 in continuous mode; we use the system online first. The complete issue will appear in the first half of 2021.