Deadline: May 27, 2020
The Russian Program in the Department of World Languages and Literatures at Portland State University (Portland OR) is looking for a part-time adjunct instructor of Russian for the 2020-2021, with an anticipated load of 5 courses over three academic quarters. The highlights of the job announcement are included below, and the full description and links for applying are available at: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/32774
Applicants should submit all required materials by May 27, 2020 to be assured of consideration.
The Russian program in the Department of World Languages and Literatures at Portland State University serves undergraduate students at all levels, both lower division (1st & 2nd year) and upper division (3rd & 4th year). We invite applicants to join our part-time adjunct instructor pool to teach first- and/or second-year Russian language courses during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach first- and/or second-year Russian depending on the needs of the department and enrollment demands.
• Work from an established curriculum for first- and second-year Russian.
• Post and keep office hours to be available to students outside of class. Teaching faculty members are required to schedule a minimum of 2 hours of office hours per week during the term(s) that they teach, and be available to their students by appointment.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related field
• Two years teaching Russian at the college level
• Native or near-native fluency in Russian and in English
• Demonstrated effectiveness teaching Russian at the first- and/or second-year levels.
• Familiarity with technology and pedagogy for both face-to-face and remote instruction.
Key Cultural Competencies
• Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
• Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
• Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement
• Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.