Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Serves as the main point of contact for students and fellowship liaisons to UT campus.
- Assists the Director in coordinating the university’s efforts in this area.
- Advises students on relevant postgraduate fellowship opportunities in relation to professional goals.
- Coordinates trainings and workshops for scholarship applicants and potential applicants.
- Ensures effective and timely administration and tracking of all nominations and applications for nationally competitive fellowships, scholarships, and grants.
- Mentors and assists in the writing of appropriate recommendation letters as they relate to fellowships, and coordinates reference letters provided by faculty mentors.
- Coaches students on their potential interviews.
- Fosters relationships with faculty and staff across the university to develop and oversee the recruitment and preparation of students applying for major fellowships.
- Plans events and related activities needed to recruit applicants.
- Maintains communications efforts for university-wide outreach and recruitment.
- Assists in program assessment efforts.
- Acts as a liaison and catalyst in building and maintaining productive and effective relationships with fellowship foundations and other sponsoring entities.
- Other related functions as assigned.
A minimum of 3 years of related experience is required. MA degree required; a PhD is preferred. Experience working with university students on academic enrichment projects (e.g. undergraduate research). Experience advising students on postgraduate options and opportunities, especially as they relate to education beyond the baccalaureate degree. Experience coordinating fellowship applications and related materials for students. Experience coordinating and running training, workshops, and other events. Demonstrated ability to write and make presentations effectively. Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work independently and collaboratively. Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students within a university setting. Experience with MS Office Suite, website/listserv/social media maintenance; familiarity with student information systems (SIS), learning management systems (LMS) and related databases. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Classroom teaching experience. Adept at learning new software and troubleshooting. Familiarity with wide range of disciplines, high-skilled career paths.
$60,000 + depending on qualifications