Deadline: October 19, 2020
The English Speaking Nation: Coaches Program (ESN:CP) strengthens secondary school teachers’ pedagogical and classroom English skills in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
ESN:CP will place highly trained U.S. educators in year-long program assignments in five regional Ministry of Public Education In-Service Training Institutes (INSETI) in Uzbekistan.
Each Coach will:
· Spread high quality pedagogy standards to EFL teachers at local public schools utilizing a team-teaching model;
· Cultivate a core of professional English language teacher-leaders in their assigned region by providing sustainable methods of clinical supervision to highlight the value of peer observation and feedback;
· Support the English Speaking Nation: Secondary Teacher Training (ESN:STT) program by conducting professional development activities for in-service teachers;
· Teach EFL in secondary schools identified by the INSETI center;
· Share U.S. culture and values with students and teachers in Uzbekistan through direct teaching in secondary schools and American Corners;
· Assist in Embassy-sponsored trainings and conferences.
Each Coach receives:
· In depth pre-departure and arrival orientations;
· Visa support;
· Roundtrip airfare;
· Supplemental health benefit plan;
· On program support from expert local staff;
· Package of approximately $54,000 that includes: Stipend of $2,585 per month;
· Allowance to cover in-country housing, room and board, and local transportation;
· One-time support towards covering participant dependent travel costs;
· Allowance for organizing professional development workshops and events in Uzbekistan.
Coaches are TESOL experts with significant experience conducting teacher professional development workshops, providing clinical supervision, and mentoring EFL teachers. In addition to their professional expertise, Coaches must be self-motivated, adaptable and have the ability to travel and work in Uzbekistan.
Eligibility criteria include:
· U.S. citizenship;
· A master’s, Ph.D., or equivalent graduate degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field;
· Minimum five years’ teaching experience in a TESOL related field;
· Demonstrated experience conducting English language teacher professional development;
· Demonstrated commitment to the field of English language teaching;
· Flexibility and freedom to live and work for a year internationally;
· Regional Central Asian/CIS experience (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) strongly preferred;
· Cross-cultural sensitivity and respect.
American Councils for International Education English Speaking Nation Program12 Shota Rustaveli StreetGrand Business Center, Office #208 Yakkasaroy District 100070 Tashkent, Uzbekistan
T: +9126.96.36.199.50 (Uzbekistan) +1.202.833.7522 (Washington, D.C.)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.esn-teachers.org.coaches-program
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: ais.americancouncils.org/esn
Application deadline: October 19, 2020, at 11:59PM EST
The English Speaking Nation: Coaches Program is sponsored by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Uzbekistan and implemented by American Councils for International Education.