Deadline: Open until Filled
Welocalize is offering a unique opportunity for those who enjoy a combination of linguistic and technical work. We are seekingLinguistic Reviewers/Proofreaders for a project in Austin, Texas. We need your native level fluency skills combined with strong technical skills. If you are looking for a long-term (no end date) role this is a great opportunity for you!
The tester will be conduct test cases, identify localization bugs, report them via an internal bug tracking system as well as verify the fixes once implemented.
The perfect candidate will possess strong linguistic skills.
This will be a remote role due to the COVID-19 crisis. Once restrictions are lifted, all successful candidates will be expected to be onsite at the North Austin office location.
Hourly rate: $23
W-2 (eligible for benefits based on hours worked)
Monday-Friday (9 am – 5 pm -> with one hour of lunch in between -> 35 hours per week)
You must have a valid visa to work in the USA
Preferred backgrounds: Marketing, Journalism, Copy Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Translation and/or Localization
- Native-level fluency in their respective language (grammar, vocabulary, composition, punctuation)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working in translation
- Tech savvy, with experience testing web-based systems and applications on Mac OS X and iOS
- Ability to prioritize linguistic issues and distinguish between a true must-fix and a nice-to-have
- Experience working with test cases and test scripts
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly articulate reproduction steps for a given issue and communicate critical information
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with very diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team ethic
Languages we are looking for:
Visit Job Post: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2004802369