Deadline for Applications: January 22, 2018
The European Interuniversity Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) and 41 participating universities from all member states of the European Union are proud to present to you the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA) 2018/2019.
E.MA is an intensive one-year course aimed at educating up to 90 professionals annually in the field of human rights and democratisation. The Master’s Degree is also an action- and policy-oriented approach to learning that combines legal, political, historical, anthropological, and philosophical perspectives with skills building activities, an in-depth study of the following areas: Human Rights Institutions, Mechanisms and Standards; Human Rights in Context: Historical, Philosophical, Religious and Anthropological Perspectives; Democratisation; Human Rights and Globalisation; Human Rights and Security. E.MA is the foundation for a successful career in national, international, governmental, inter- and non-governmental organisations, as well as academic institutions dealing with human rights and democratisation.
5 reasons why people choose E.MA:
- Possibility to do internships and fellowships in leading human rights organisations;
- Ties with EU institutions and links with international governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations for a regional and at the same time global experience;
- Attractive placement opportunities;
- Extensive worldwide E.MAlumni Association for contacts, job opportunities, career development, projects, research;
- A unique human experience during which all those involved (students, faculty and resident staff) develop long-term bonds and networks with each other.