Deadline: April 7, 2016
To Apply, click here!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Initial duration of appointment/assignment for this post is until 31 March 2017, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
Potential applicants should be aware that this is a non-family posting.
- Collects, studies and evaluates information, documents and legislation; attends meetings with local authorities and closely co-ordinates with all members of the Human Dimension Unit (HDU) and other international agencies on policy developments in rule of law, human rights, legal system monitoring and legislative and legal system reform
- Reviews and analyses daily and weekly reports produced by Monitoring Officers
- Follows legislative and policy developments related to rule of law at the national and local levels
- Drafts reports on human rights and rule of law violations reported by Monitoring Officers
- Drafts thematic public reports on human rights trends, also in relation to the judicial system in Ukraine
- Provides support and guidance to Human Rights Officers in the field on rule of law issues, especially in the area of reporting
- Establishes and maintains contacts with and between national authorities, NGOs, universities and research institutions as well as with international organizations and other field operations on human rights-related issues
- Performs other duties as assigned