Deadline for Applications: August 10, 2016
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE):
Head of Security Cooperation
Level: Middle Management
Area of Expertise: Military Affairs
Vacancy Number: VNBAHS00774
Duty Station: Bosnia and Herzegovina
View the job description:
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at:https://www.pae.com/careers-react by August 10. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
– Advanced university degree in security studies, or a related discipline. Expertise or formal training in counter-terrorism is an asset.
– A minimum of 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position. Extensive experience in the field of security policy and politico-military affairs with appointments in relevant national and international agencies.
– Senior serving or retired police, military or security agency officer or suitably qualified civilian;
– Strong understanding of both the security sector situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), particularly its institutions and bodies, and the overall political situation;
– Comprehensive understanding of policy matters both within European and Euro-Atlantic security and defence structures;
– Demonstrated understanding and experience of the comprehensive approach to security and the concept of inclusive security;
– Experience in programme planning and management; managerial experience;
– Knowledge of the General Framework Agreement for Peace in BiH and key OSCE politico-military documents;
– Considerable experience in memorandum and report writing;
– Working knowledge of the local languages is desirable. Continue reading