Deadline for Participation: December 1, 2016
“Learn Russian in the European Union” invites applications to customized semester abroad programs, hosted by the Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics at Daugavpils University:
• Russian Language, Literature and Culture.
• Russian Language and East European Studies.
Both programs include intensive ”Russian as a Foreign Language” module. Group and elective courses in the selected field are also included.
The programs are provided at Intermediate, Advanced, and Superior target proficiency levels. Daugavpils University will award 30 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits. No visa is required to study for citizens of the USA and Canada.
The application deadline for Spring 2017 semester is December 1, 2016.
– Accommodation with a Russian-speaking host family.
– Groups formed exclusively from the “Learn Russian in the EU” international students.
– Tutors from the Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics.
– Native Russian student communication partners.
– Full language and cultural immersion in the most Russian city of the European Union.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural and sports activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, orientation, local mobile phone, and more.
– Optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from consulates located in Daugavpils.
For more information please visit www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs
We will be happy to provide more details and answer questions during the ASEEES Convention in Washington DC on November 17-20, 2016. Please visit the “Learn Russian in the European Union” booth #114.
Daugavpils University is the major academic and research institution in Eastern Latvia. The Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics has a long tradition of research and teaching Russian language and literature to teachers, philologists and linguists. The Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics runs Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs in Russian philology, as well as programs in pedagogy, translation, and intercultural communication.
Daugavpils, the second largest city in Latvia, is a unique place – a Russian-language enclave and the most Russian city in the European Union. Students will experience full language immersion and acquire an amazing cultural experience in a city, which was a part of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union for centuries, and which has remarkable historical heritage linked to Russia and Russian-European relations.
„Learn Russian in the European Union” project
Office: +371 65407209 | Fax: +371 65801117 | Mobile: +371 29544413 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Web: www.learnrussianineu.com | www.facebook.com/LearnRussianInEU