The Digital Fabrication Lab houses four different 3d printers; a 3D Systems ProJet 460plus, a Dimension Elite with soluble support material, a Lulzbot Mini with a rubber extruder, a Gigabot 2.0, and two Lulzbot TAZ6s.
To 3d print, students must bring in a closed 3d model. All potential prints must be to scale in inches. Binary Stereolithography files (.stl) are accepted for all machines, and the 3D Systems ProJet 460plus can print color models from ZCorp Files (.zpr).
The lab charges for 3d printing material at cost. Estimates will be provided before printing and all payments must be made via Bevo Bucks before a student can pick up their successful print.
MAX DIMENSIONS (l x w x h)
- 3D Systems ProJet 460Plus 3D Color Printer: 10″ x 10″ x 8″
- Dimension Elite 3D Printer (FDM): 8″ x 8″ x 12″
- GigaBot 2.0 (FDM): 24″ x 24″ x 24″
- Lulzbot TAZ 6 (FDM): 12″ x 12″ x 8″
- Lulzbot Mini (FDM): 6″ x 6″ x 6″