UT Drupal Kit 3.5.0 is a bi-monthly maintenance release for the University of Texas at Austin’s custom distribution of the Drupal web content management system.
This release consists primarily of core and contrib module updates, as well as the usual mix of bugfixes, visual improvements, and documentation updates.
Callouts for the most impactful changes follow below. For full details of all issues included in this release, please refer to the changelog on the release notes, which links to the corresponding GitHub issues.
Drupal core update
The 3.5.0 release incorporates the most recent release of Drupal core, bringing it from version 9.3.3 to 9.3.9.
Here are the release notes for all Drupal core releases inclusive in this release:
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.4 (Bugfix release)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.5 (Bugfix release)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.6 (Security release)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.7 (Bugfix release)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.8 (Security release)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/9.3.9 (Security release)
Contributed module updates
The following contributed modules are updated in this release:
Modules included with the UT Drupal Kit installation profile
- date_ap_style: from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0
- google_cse: from 3.4.0 to 3.5.0
- menu_block: from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0
- pathauto: from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0
- pathologic: from 1.0-alpha2 to 1.0.0-alpha3
- responsive_tables_filter: from 1.9.0 to 1.11.0
- role_delegation: from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
- schema_metatag: from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0
Modules included with the Event add-on
- smart_date: from 3.4.3 to 3.5.1
Modules included with the News add-on
- search_api: from 1.22.0 to 1.23.0
Update actions for existing sites
There are no update actions required for existing sites in this release.
Updating an existing codebase
Please visit the UT Drupal Kit 3 documentation for complete release notes and instructions for updating an existing codebase using Composer. Always be sure to check for available database updates after updating the codebase.
How do I get started with UTDK 3?
The first thing anyone interested in starting with UTDK 3 should do is to head over to the documentation site:
The “What is the UT Drupal Kit?” chapter contains detailed explanations of what the Kit contains, as well as a list of differences between versions 2 and 3.
The “Getting Started” chapter includes technical requirements for running version 3, as well as detailed instructions for setting up an environment on your own local workstation, a LAMP server, or Pantheon.
If you run into problems or have questions, please check the “Support” page for available support options.
The 3.x (Drupal 9) branch of the UT Drupal Kit is updated on a bi-monthly maintenance release schedule, with releases targeted for the second Tuesday of odd-numbered months. The next planned release is UT Drupal Kit 3.6.0, due in May 2022. Please see Release Schedule for UT Drupal Kit for more details.