Welcome Back!! ADD/DROP starts Mon 8/25! No need to be confused about registration. Be ahead of the game and see below for answers to the most common questions! For more awesome reminders and announcements, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Walk-in Advising ONLY from Mon 8/25 – Fri 9/12:
- For registration help or to discuss your fall schedule, come by during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm, closed 12-1pm for lunch).
- Due to high traffic, we may not answer every phone call during this time. It is best to come by in person, but we WILL return voicemails by the end of the day or the following morning.
- Mon 8/25 – Tues 9/2: Add and drop classes and waitlists online through Tues 9/2. Check your RIS page for your access times!
- Wed 9/3 – Fri 9/12: Continue to drop yourself from classes online through Fri 9/12. You must sign up on the paper waitlist to potentially add ECO courses. Classes can only be added through that department’s advising office at this point and may not be allowed.
Paper Waitlist Available Wednesday 9/3 at 8:00am for Select ECO courses:
- We will have a first-come first-served paper waitlist available on Wednesday 9/3 at 8:00am for certain ECO classes. Students often get here earlier to get in line.
- We do NOT copy you down from the online list to the paper list, so you must come get on the list!
- We will check course enrollment each day and you will be notified if a seat opens up and you are next on the list!
- A list will be available for all ECO courses EXCEPT: ECO 420K with Dr. Thomas or Dr. Oettinger, ECO 333K Development Econ, ECO 341K with Dr. Kline, ECO 350K Applied IO and Network Econ, ECO 354K Game Theory, ECO 359M Env & Nat Resource Econ, and ECO 363C Computational Econ
Prereq Proof Needed by Wednesday 8/27:
If we gave you a temporary waiver to be able to register for a class, please read the following to avoid being dropped.
- Send transcripts to UT Admissions as soon as possible.
- If you haven’t sent a transcript yet, please ALSO plan to bring documentation to our office like a copy of transcript, printed grade report, etc by 4:30pm on Wednesday 8/27 so we can confirm you’ve completed the prerequisites.
- Once you have your fall schedule finalized, run a fresh Interactive Degree Audit BEFORE Friday 9/12 to confirm you will meet all degree requirements.
-The Econ Advising Staff
BRB 1.114, 512-471-2973
Add comment August 25, 2014