I hope you all are having a great semester! If you haven’t come by an HNSA meeting yet, please join us; it’s not too late! That being said, yearly dues will be $30/year (with a t-shirt included) and $20/semester. Deadline to pay dues will be Nov. 14.
We’ve had a very busy and eventful semester thus far and still have a lot planned. Here are a few upcoming events:
- Longhorn Halloween (volunteer)
- Get in the spooky season spirit and help man the fishing booth and interact with kids!
- Oct. 27 (2-5 PM)
- Hike at Barton Creek Greenbelt (social)
- Spend some relaxing time with friends and nature
- Oct. 26 (11 AM)
- Halloween Movie Social (after meeting/social)
- Finish up your October with a Halloween movie and some spooky treats.
- Oct 30 (6 PM)
- Internal Transfer Info Session
- Interested in transferring into Nursing? Come out to our internal transfer session and we will answer questions, review resumes, essays, etc.
- Nov. 12 (9 AM)
For further information on location of events, review our sign up sheet.
Lastly, please remember to take care of yourself and rest! Please reach out to the Care Counselor if you need to talk to someone.
Hello HNSA and welcome to a brand new year and Fall semester! We are so excited to start off a new year of learning and opportunities. HNSA has many volunteer and social opportunities planned for this semester! Our meetings will take place at 6 PM on:
- September 5th (Thur.) at NUR 1.116
- September 18th (Wed.) at NUR 1.112
- October 3rd (Thur.) NUR 1.116
- October 16th (Wed.) NUR 1.112
- October 30th (Wed.) NUR 1.112
- November 14th (Thur.) NUR 1.116
- December 5th (Thur.) NUR 1.112
Please take note that the room number and meeting day do vary. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join and we look forward to seeing you at the meetings! Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
P.S. Tacos will be provided at meeting!
Hello everyone and welcome to the Spring 2019 semester at the School of Nursing! Membership with HNSA is semesterly, so please be sure to stop by and check out what HNSA is all about during one of our meetings, every other Thursday from 6-7 PM at the S.O.N room 1.118. We will be engaging in many different volunteer opportunities, workshops, social events and listening to amazing guest speakers throughout this semester. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
Today, Thursday November 15, we will be coming together with other nursing organizations, friends, and faculty to celebrate and give thanks! Please come join us for fun activities and delicious food. The event will take place in the Multipurpose Room of the S.O.N. from 6-8 pm.
Members: attendance is 1 social point; 1 volunteer point for every dish you bring!
HNSA welcomes you to our annual Multicultural Friendsgiving!
Hello HNSA! Our fall season is packed with plenty of volunteering opportunities. Make sure to stay updated and help out in the community!
Longhorn Halloween & Family Weekend
Keep Healthy Screenings
Austin Habitat for Humanity and Local Interfaith and Intercultural Organizations
Life Austin Health Screen
Hungry For Hope
2nd Annual City Wide Health Fair
If you are interested in volunteering be sure to check the Calendar for more information and sign up on our volunteer spreadsheet! You are also always welcome to stop by our general meetings held Thursdays at 6 PM in the Multipurpose Room (1st floor, School of Nursing).